ADUs are highly popular in Los Angeles due to the expensive rent and property prices in the region. More and more people are considering converting their garages into ADUs for functional living spaces. The costs incurred for the same are affordable, and people are able to expand their space without the hassles of leaving home.
When it comes to garage conversions into an ADU, it is expected that the homeowner wishes to optimize every inch of space available for living. It is prudent to call in experts from credible companies with proven track records in garage adu designs for the task. As a homeowner, you will have specific expectations when it comes to the construction of the ADU, and it is here that you need a team of friendly and qualified experts to assist you.
Amazing garage to ADU conversion ideas
When you have decided to convert your garage into an ADU, you can use the space for the following-
- Fitness area- You can convert the space into a home gym and enjoy all the exclusive benefits of a premium gym like a music system, gym equipment, a sauna room, privacy, and the most important of them all, no gym membership costs.
- Home office- 2020 was the year of the COVID-19 Pandemic, and with offices and businesses under lockdown, people had to shift to working from home. Staying with the family and working caused many disturbances to many people, which is why most of them decided to convert their garages into ADUs so that they could get a home office where they could work in peace. If you are working from home and have a garage, converting it into your own home office will not only allow you to work in peace, but you can boost your productivity as well.
- Personal entertainment zone- If you are fond of socializing with people around all the time, converting your garage into an entertainment zone with all the plush amenities of a home theatre or a high-quality music system is a great idea. You can even convert the space into a party area with a home bar to chill out with friends and family when they drop in.
- Quiet zone for an elderly relative or a playroom for your kids- You can create a personal comfort space for an elderly relative or a dedicated playroom for your kids. In fact, in the latter case, you will not have your kids running around the house all day being exposed to risks like wires and fireplaces. Elderly relatives have their own space in a familiar surrounding with you close by.
- Rent it out- If you need a monthly income, you can always rent out your ADU to tenants if the space is large enough.
Therefore, when it comes to ADUs, you can use them for a variety of reasons. However, make sure you get the best garage ADU designs that work well for your living space and its intended purpose with success!